Train the Trainer Information
- Keep checking for updates and details.
- Train the Trainer HACCP Course – TBD
- Train the Trainer List of Topics and Times- HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the turnaround time for a HACCP course to be approved?
Please allow 6-8 weeks for your HACCP Course to be approved. Individual lead instructor applications should take no longer than 3 weeks to be approved. When submitting a HACCP course to be accredited, there is a processing fee of $150 USD. There is no fee for the lead instructor application(s). Both forms A and B can be found in the application packet HERE.
2. Can you have multiple lead instructors approved for the same course?
Yes, you can have as many lead instructors for your HACCP course as you’d like, and there is no additional fee for lead instructor applications.
3. If the CBA HACCP slides are being purchased and used for the HACCP course I’m submitting, do they still have to be submitted to the HACCP Alliance for approval?
Yes, the CBA slides are already approved, but you still have to submit them with your application to reflect any modifications you’ve made to the deck.
CBA HACCP Slides can be purchased HERE.
4. If I have an approved HACCP course, how do I go about purchasing gold seals for the Certificates of Completion for the participants?
If you need to order gold seals, please email Tiffany Walsingham at the International HACCP Alliance via email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you the gold seals with an invoice to be paid via check (we do not accept credit cards). The seals are $10 each USD, and shipping costs depend on your location and when you need the seals to arrive. Regular US Postal mail is free of charge, and usually takes around 2-3 weeks for delivery.
The HACCP Certificate of Completion does not have an expiration date, however, some 3rd Party audtors might require HACCP training every 3-5 years.
5. What IS the HACCP Curriculum?
The outline for the HACCP approved curriculum can be found HERE. All topics on this outline must be covered, and the material can be specialized for your specific product needs (i.e. Juice, Nuts, Coffee, etc)
6. What do we need to include in creating our own HACCP course?
All topics in this OUTLINE must be covered in your HACCP course, and the material can be specialized for your specific product needs (i.e. Juice, Nuts, Coffee, etc)
7. Does every HACCP participant have to receive a copy of the CBA HACCP Manual?
No, the CBA HACCP Manual is not required for each student who takes the HACCP course, and is meant to serve as supplemental HACCP material and guidance. The HACCP Manual can be purchased from our office, or directly from the CBA website HERE. The Spanish version of the HACCP manual can only be purchased from the CBA website HERE.
8. Are there any recommended supplemental training materials available for the Advance HACCP Validation and Verification course?
There are not any Advanced HACCP training materials available that we are aware of.
9. Any tips for teaching HACCP for upper management?
There is a curriculum outline HERE for the Executive Briefing on HACCP course which anyone is welcome to use and teach. These courses do not need to be accredited nor approved, and the participants will not receive the HACCP Alliance gold seal. A certificate of participation may be awarded, but it is not eligible for the gold seal.
10. Who has to take the Train the Trainer HACCP course?
Individuals who would like to teach an accredited HACCP course, and don’t already have HACCP teaching experience, are required to take the CBA Train the Trainer HACCP course in order to be approved as an accredited Lead Instructor. If you do not have HACCP teaching experience, and would like to apply to have your own HACCP course accredited through the International HACCP Alliance, you must take the CBA Trainer the Trainer course to be approved.
11. Who is authorized to teach a HACCP course?
Any person who has been approved as a HACCP Lead Instructor through the International HACCP Alliance may teach an accredited HACCP course. If an instructor was approved as part of a HACCP course accreditation application, but is no longer associated with that organization or company initially approved, they can still teach HACCP courses independently providing they submit their OWN HACCP course application and materials for approval. That would entail submitting Forms A and B of the HACCP Accreditation Application, and the processing fee of $150 USD.
However, once you are approved as a HACCP Lead Instructor, you may teach any HACCP Alliance Accredited HACCP course if they request you to. For example, if a university or organization who is already teaching an accredited HACCP course asks to hire an approved lead instructor to teach a course, they may do so even if they were not initially approved in association with that particular university of organization, and do not plan to be associated with them in the future.
12. How long is my HACCP course valid for accreditation?
Each HACCP course needs to be renewed every three years, and the fee is $100. The fee to change the name or title of your course is also $100.